If you have recently changed email services and Outlook keeps asking for your password here are some things to consider.
1) Login to your mailbox on the email server itself using "Webmail" (webmail = using your web browser of choice to login to your email mailbox provided by your service provider). If you are using Microsoft Hosted Exchange service, login to OWA ( OWA = Outlook Web App) again using your favorite web browser. If you can login successfully, that means the password and email address (username) combination is correct.
2) Then check to see all your settings for your email account are set up correctly, like passwords, never assume it was placed incorrectly.
3) A common mistake is not setting your Outlook email account (POP or IMAP) service to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" this can cause a failure.
4) After any changes close Outlook and reopen. If you are still getting the popup asking for the password, then reboot your computer, especially if it hasn't been rebooted in a while.
5) After checking and verifying all settings are correct and your username and password are CONFIRMED working (see step 1 again) then you can repeat the process.
- Browse All
- EZWP Complete with Advanced VPS
- WordPress Advanced VPS Hosting
- KartHost VIP WordPress Care Plans
- KloudEmail Basic
- KloudEmail Suite
- Hosted Exchange - (Zix|AppRiver)
- MS365 Business - Exchange Email + Productivity (Zix|AppRiver)
- MS365 Business – Office Applications (Zix|AppRiver)
- M365 Business - Exchange Email Only (Rackspace)
- MS365 Business - Exchange Email + Productivity (Rackspace)
- MS365 Business – Office Applications (Rackspace)
- Register a New Domain
- Transfer Domains to Us
- Network Status
- Contact Us