Getting Started with SharePoint
SharePoint creates a place to store, share, and collaborate on documents. It also includes a full workflow suite with calendar, task lists, and other project management features.
To get started using SharePoint you must first enable the site, log into the Control Panel, and perform the following steps:
1. On the Home page, click the Microsoft SharePoint link/box title.
2. Enter the following information:
SharePoint URL—Enter the address for your SharePoint site. Use letters, numbers, or hyphens only.
Site Admin—Select whether to use an email account on your domain or an external address for site administration login. Enter an email address and, if needed, a Username and Password.
Password—Use the Site Admin email address and the associated password to log into SharePoint for the first time. After you log in, you can assign additional admins.
3. Select the I have read and agree to the Microsoft SharePoint Terms of Service check box.
4. Click the Create Site button. Site creation takes about five minutes.
5. Email users must activate their SharePoint access by visiting the SharePoint Activation page. Go to the Microsoft SharePoint section of the Control Panel to find the Mailbox User Activation URL. Provide this link to the email users on your account you wish to activate on SharePoint. Once the link has been accessed, users will be prompted to enter their mailbox credentials to complete syncing with the Sharepoint Site. After email users have been activated, permissions will have to be granted in the SharePoint site for them to access content.
Note: If you have purchased only SharePoint or if you have users that do not have email accounts please refer to the "Add External Users to SharePoint" article to learn how to add external users to your SharePoint site.
6. At the top of the page, click the Manage Site link.
7. Click the Manage My Site Collection link.
8. Under Template, select a template to use for the site. For a more detailed description of the templates, please visit Microsoft's SharePoint Services site.
Note: This selection cannot be changed except by removing the service in the Control Panel and creating a new SharePoint site collection.
9. Click the OK button. You may now design your site.