You can change the install of PHP for your KartHost cPanel install and all sites associated with that install and make changes to the PHP Extensions and PHP Options for your cPanel account.
(Note for all KartHost WordPress Managed Hosting accounts you cannot make these changes as we have your server your site is installed on already optimized for WordPress)
1) Once logged in to your cPanel control panel, look for the SOFTWARE section and the Select PHP Version tool. Click on the Select PHP Version icon/link.
2) On the resulting PHP Selector page, click the â€œnative (5.3)â€ drop down.
3) From the drop down menu select the version of PHP you would like to change too. We suggest checking the Currently Supported Versions PHP page. We do not recommend using a PHP version that has reached "End of Life", aka out of date.
PHP 7.0 IMPORTANT NOTE: If your install requires ionCube Loaders (usually paid software) note that ionCube has not officially released an ionCube Loader for PHP 7.0! At time of this writing their ionCube loader was in Beta. You can check this Blog Articial for the latest ionCube Beta PHP 7 Loaders Now available
4) Once you have selected the PHP version you wish to use now click the A) Set as current button to save your PHP version. On this extensions page, check or uncheck any and all PHP extensions you feel you will need, or not need. If you are not sure leave as is. If you do make any changes make sure to click the B) Save button, bottom left. C) Now recommend you click on Switch To PHP link top right. Options
NOTE: Any time you change PHP version the default PHP Memory and PHP upload_max_filesize will default to the lowest value. Make sure to make those changes.
5) On the PHP options page, you will see the options that you can change the values. If you are not sure what you are doing. DO NOT change anything!
6) If you wish to make changes to one or more of the PHP options simply click on the value a drop down menu will appear as shown below, select your value and then click the "Apply" button. Once all values have been changed make sure to click the Save button to save all your value changes.
KartHost SSD Kloud Web Hosting
published August 24. 2016